There are all kinds of toxic chemicals in everything that can cause disease, this includes the synthetic pillows your child may be laying their adorable little head on. We all want our children to sleep better, and to be healthy. One way to do so is to have them sleep on an organic toddler pillow. These are pillows that are healthier for your child as they are made from only organic/hypoallergenic materials, and are also non-toxic and chemical-free. Searching for the best one can be difficult, make sure it is right for your little one, like one of these three.
Why do toddlers need special pillows?
If you take the time to look at your own pillow, you may notice how large it is. When you consider how small a toddler is compared to an adult, you will understand why a toddler needs its own special pillow.
Not only are regular pillows too large, but toddler pillows are also softer, so they aren’t rough on a child’s skin and are able to offer the proper amount of support for them.
How do I know if I really need one?
If you notice your toddler isn’t able to sleep comfortable throughout the night or doesn’t change positions at all when they sleep, they likely need a pillow of their own.
For most children, when they are somewhere between 18 months to 2 years old, they are ready for this type of pillow.
It will help them to sleep more soundly at night and is a good way to teach them the proper way to sleep, so their sleeping habits continue to be healthy.
What to look for?
As you can imagine, not all pillows are created equal. Here are some of the things you should look out for, so you can get the best option for your little one.
- Features. It’s up to you to determine what the main features you want in a pillow are. For example, if you want it to be made of organic materials, or be hypoallergenic, this is what you should be the most focused on. Hypoallergenic pillows won’t cause your baby to break out or have any reactions. This can give you immeasurable peace of mind.
- Filling: There are different things that can be inside of a pillow, including memory foam and cotton. If you have a memory pillow that you like, you may want to get one for your toddler. On the other hand, if they have allergies, you might consider one with cotton filling inside.
- Price. This is another factor that can change drastically from one item to the next. Prices can range from 15-60 dollars, so there is a lot of leeway here. If you know that your child plays rough, you may want to opt for a pillow on the lower end of the price range, as long as it is still well made.
- Design. The design is another personal preference. Some models are larger than others are or have slight different designs. You will need one that matches with your kid’s room and tastes.
- Size. It should also be able to fit well in their bed, so they can use it the way that a pillow should be used.
Calla Toddler PillowCalla Toddler Pillows are made in the USA with/from 100% US Organic Cotton Sateen Weave Casing and a Special Hypo-allergenic Cluster Poly Fiber Filling. There are no pesticides, herbicides or fungicides, and there are no flame retardant chemicals used either. If you want the world’s best hypo-allergenic down alternative for your child then Calla Fill is it.
This pillow is great for toddlers that have allergies, as it won’t cause or contribute to them. It’s a perfect size in being 13″ x 18″ x 3.5″ which works for not home but travelling as well. Unlike most pillows this one will not go flat, as it is engineered to stand up to being washed and dried. It is made from high-quality organic materials. Calla offers a 3 year Guarantee on this little gem of a pillow. This pillow is designed by concerned parents for children you could not ask for more.
Little One’s PillowThis 13″ x 18 ” Toddler Pillow is perfect for the little one to take naps or visit Mr. Sandman. The Little One’s Pillow is an organic pillow made from 100% certified organic cotton, with a Unique Hypoallergenic Poly Cluster Fiber Filling.
You’ll find NO Pesticides, Herbicides, Fungicides, GMO’s, and NO Flame Retardants in it. The 200 thread count ticking is dust-mite resistant, and not treated with the usual harmful chemicals regular cotton is during processing.
This pillow is soft and comfortable and is it is not stuffed too much or too little, as to support the neck of your toddler perfectly. This company also is great with customer service as they state if the parents need more or less filling they will accommodate them by sending a new pillow and they can keep the old one as a gift. If you’re looking for a great pillow this is it.
Dreamtown KidsThe Toddler Pillow by Dreamtown Kids is recommended by a Chiropractor as a best pillow for a child. It is a 14″x9″ size, which gives it larger head space than other toddler pillows of this type, as well as having less fill to offer better neck support for your child. This particular pillow is made from 100% certified Organic Cotton fabric Casing, that is grown, woven and sewn in the grand USA. Making it very soft, delicate and breathe able when in use. Its premium first class fiber cluster fill is guaranteed hypo-allergenic as well, which ensures that the pillow is not only soft but it will keep those nasty allergies away as well.
As with other some other companies Dreamtown Kids offers to customize the pillow to fit the child, by removing or adding filling. This is a great Idea as not all children are built to the same specifications.